Clomid is known as medication which stimulates ovulations, and assists females who have difficulties with ovulation and cannot become pregnant. The Generic alternative medication is called Clomiphene and well-known as fertility remedy. It is usually prescribed by a gynecologist, but can be purchased without prescription as well if you know your previous medical indication.
Generic Clomid has proven its efficiency and can stimulate processes of ovulation 80% of the time on average. The notable fact, that it can be used sometimes in male infertility states as well.
Common states, which can be treated with the remedy
Irregular menstrual cycles or menstrual periods without ovulations are the first signs, when Clomid should be prescribed. It helps to resolve difficulties with ovulation processes but cannot unblock fallopian tubes, which prevent ovules to be inseminated.
Another frequent usage is advised in healing polycystic ovarian syndrome, which does not allow a female to become pregnant naturally. Unexplained cases of infertility can be cured with generic Clomid as well. Some healthcare specialists also prefer Clomiphene during preparation for intrauterine insemination.
How to administer the medication properly?
There are several ways of consuming this medication, which depends on the health state and healing condition. The below list includes the commonest ones:
- In case of fertility treatment, Clomid is prescribed as 50mg doses on a daily basis. The course should be initiated on the first day of the menstrual cycle during five days. If pregnancy did not occur this dose can be doubled up to 100mg. This 5-day cycle should be proceeded 5-6 times until female becomes pregnant. If attempts failed – another alternative therapy should be applied.
- Patients who have anabolic steroid cure should administer 50 mg per day for estrogenic protection during the whole cycle. In case this treatment did not succeed – do not exceed doses and refuse from the remedy at all.
- Individuals with PCT can initiate treatment with 100-150mg amount per day for 7-14 days. Then you should increase the dose gradually (one third part of total amount) every 7-14 days as well. Total duration lasts for 4-6 weeks on average, so set the intake as per advised schedule.
These general recommendations were introduced for familiarization purposes. Each individual case should be monitored by healthcare provider.
Be aware of probable side reactions
When side reactions of Clomid are discussed, most of them are found to be rather rare. These complications usually include:
- enlargement of ovarian;
- severe headaches or migraine;
- feeling sick;
- very rare occasions of uterine bleeding;
- discomfort feelings in breast;
- disturbances in eyesight or blurred vision;
- acne signs on back or chest.
Any of the above unwanted effects should be discussed with your gynecologist. Most probably these signs will vanish alone – in other case, you medician will have to choose an alternative remedy.
Probable drug interactions
During your first consultation with a gynecologist inform her/him about all remedies you are consuming, including prescribed and non-prescribed drugs (food supplements, herbal cures, vitamins, etc.). Pay extra attention to medication Targetin – when it is consumed together with the remedy, pancreas inflammation is likely to occur.
You are better to avoid alcohol beverages when planning to conceive – as a rule it decreases the chances to become pregnant or may harm a fetus later. If you drink alcohol during the course, you will feel dizzy, sick, vomiting, or distorted eyesight.